Monday, January 12, 2009

Abby ~ Corpus Christi, TX 01.03.09

I had the privilege of covering Abby's Debutante party to bring in the New Year. She had three dresses she wore throughout the evening. First was the gown her mother wore for her own party. We definitely took pictures in this fabulous number. Next, Abby put on the gown to greet her guests in... stunning. Then there was the show stopping black number she came out in later in the night. Loved them all!! Abby's AMAZING debutante party was at the Art Museum of South Texas in Corpus Christi, TX. The location was gorgeous, the lighting was amazing, the delicious food, the music - WOW!! There was a very talented harpist that played during the cocktail hour. Then the band Sound Connection, from Washington DC took the party over. What a night! Congratulations Abby!! I hope you had a great time at your party. I know I did. Thanks for everything!

Lighting - Entertainment Solutions
Catering - Corpus Christi Town Club
Band - Sound Connection

Some of my faves...






















































9 comments:

Coach David said...

I love your work! Just beautiful. My brother was one of the guys who did the lighting at the Abby party. How do you get such perfect pictures that look like they're lit naturally??? The one of the man at the bar, for example. Did you use a flash at all? What was your iso? Is your lens an f2.8? I love the depth of field in the photos.

Amy DeYoung said...

Thanks David! A lot of the images are all natural lighting. I have several low aperature lenses, even as low as 1.2. The ISO for that shot at the bar is higher, probably 1600. I shoot wide open most of the time. Hope this helps. Blessings!

Coach David said...

Oh no, thank YOU. So you didn't use a flash on any pics??? Surely a few have a flash (the last pic of the girl and guy dancing in front of the band comes to mind). That's amazing how good and clean the bar pic looks at 1600 iso. I gotta get me one of those f1.2 lenses. You're good, Amy. I'd hire you for my kids' weddings, but they're only 10 and 8 now, so it'll be a few years (I probably couldn't afford you, anyway :-)

Amy DeYoung said...

I used flash on some of them, yes. I just try to use natural light whenever possible. Thanks David. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you in about 20 years... unless of course you are like my mom and didn't want me dating until I was 30 ;)

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics, AD! All always :) Hope all is well with your beautiful family! Sarah rocked your family pics!

Anonymous said...

I left a comment in one of your previous postings and again, I was just wondering what camera you use? and yes I agree with david, fabulous shots.
michelle

Amy DeYoung said...

Hi Michelle,

I use the Canon 5D, just not the newest one. That is next on my list... yummy :)

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy! The camera you use seems to do the job just fine, your images are always breathtaking..as always, thanks for sharing!

Michelle

cristy cross said...

wow I've never seen anything this extravagant for a debutant party. Very very cool. Loved her moms dress too that she wore in the first shots. That was awesome.